Irvine, California, March 31 2023: SimInsights representatives exhibited the HyperSkill platform and successful customer applications at the annual vMed 2023 conference organized by medical leaders from Cedars Sinai at the Sofitel Hotel in Los Angeles, CA, on March 30-31. The annual Virtual Medicine (vMed) Conference is a two-day in-person and online symposium that convenes the brightest minds in Medical Extended Reality (MXR). Attendees learn from case studies, didactic lectures, patient vignettes, and simulation workshops to achieve the following objectives:
- Learn best practices and pragmatic tips for implementing MXR into clinical practice
- Review evidence for supporting the efficacy of MXR applications for medical care
- Discuss the cost-effectiveness, payer perspectives and regulatory landscape of MXR
- Hear from patients from who received MXR therapeutics
- Study uses of MXR for clinical simulation and provider training
Virtual Medicine is aimed at a diverse audience of stakeholders interested in understanding the implementation, outcomes, and cost-effectiveness of mixed reality (MXR) in clinical practice, as well as the role of MXR in medical education and simulation.
The audience was impressed with the innovative technology that allowed for rapid creation and the open nature of HyperSkill. Moreover, the price of HyperSkill was noted to be 10 to 100 times lower than that of other vendors, which delighted the attendees. Pictures from the event are available here. The key aspects of HyperSkill value proposition that resonated with attendees are listed below:
- Open: HyperSkill is being used by diverse customers to create their own training simulations. What sets HyperSkill apart from other vendors is that it is an open platform, allowing for the inclusion of simulations from multiple companies. Unlike other platforms that are closed, HyperSkill provides an open environment for creating and sharing training simulations.
- Innovative: HyperSkill offers a range of innovative capabilities that are unmatched by any other platforms, including support for no-code creation, cross-platform delivery, both asynchronous and synchronous learning, as well as AI-powered learning and assessment. These advanced features provide users with a seamless and highly effective learning experience, and are not available on any other platform in the market.
- Agile: HyperSkill offers a significant advantage over traditional game engine-based coding, accelerating the creation of new simulations by 10-100 times. This translates to faster development times, with new content being ready in a matter of days or weeks, rather than months. This level of agility allows for rapid iteration and adaptation to changing training needs, giving users a distinct edge in the market.
- Shared ownership: Unlike other vendors, HyperSkill enables customers to own the intellectual property (IP).
Other vendors in the market charge as much as $5000 per headset annually. In contrast, HyperSkill offers a highly affordable pricing model starting from $99 per site per month for unlimited devices and users through its HyperSkill Edu program. Developed with R&D funding from the National Science Foundation, HyperSkill is on a social impact mission to help organizations achieve substantially more in training with limited funds. This commitment to accessibility and affordability sets HyperSkill apart from other vendors in the market.
Conference organizers Brennan Spiegel and Omer Liran wrapped up the conference with 10 key takeaways as follows:
- MXR is now a legit branch of medicine
- The success of MXR will require meaningful partnerships with major tech companies (Apple, Meta). Meta currently sends MXR apps to app lab which limits visibility.
- Understanding the mechanics of VR, including its impact on the brain and immune system, can help optimize its therapeutic potential and guide future development
- Patient-centered MXR will ensure that treatment is tailored and specific
- Global applications of MXR showcase its potential to impact healthcare across different cultures and settings
- MXR is revolutionizing surgical training and MedEd, allowing for more immersive, realistic, and effective learning experiences
- Interdisciplinary insights can help shapes the future of MXR
- MXR is breaking down barriers to mental healthcare
- Every specialty of medicine sees the value of MXR
- Our grand challenge: To build a Metaverse that encourages us to look up when we’re feeling down