SimMotion2D is a web-application for collaborative simulation of mechanical systems. SimMotion2D fosters inquiry-based learning by allowing students to build and share their own simulations of real world mechanical systems such as bouncing balls, pendulum and spring-mass-damper systems.
- The easiest way to create and share simulations ever. You can build your first simulation in less than a minute.
- Students learn to use the same computational and visualization techniques that engineers and scientists use everyday.
- Students exercise their creativity to conceptualize and build simulations which then helps them develop genuine understanding.
- Students can learn at their own pace anytime, anywhere.
- Teachers can easily build customized simulations to meet their students’ unique needs.
- Both teachers and learners can be part of a global community engaged in learning by doing.
As the world’s first collaborative simulation application, SimMotion2D provides many innovative features:
- Simple, intuitive interface.
- High fidelity simulations.
- Real time animation and charting.
- Online portfolios.
- Sharing options including embedding, email-link etc.
- Public repository of simulations.